Sunday, October 21, 2012

October Birchbox (Goopbox!)

I received my October Birchbox the other day and wanted to do another review!  I've had a few people tell me they enjoy my Birchbox posts, so I guess that means I'll keep them coming!

This month Birchbox gave customers the option of getting a regular box or one from their team up with Goop.com.  The info card says that Goop "is our go-to resource for lifestyle inspiration."  

I don't feel like this box was really any more special than a regular box, but it still had a few nice goodies.


Essie nail polish in "Power Clutch" - I believe this is from Essie's fall collection.  It's not a color I would have purchased, but it is nice to get a full size Essie.  I'm going to give it a go and maybe color block it with some gold to spice it up a bit.  

Joanna Vargas Daily Serum - I'm still a bit hesitant about face products, but last month's Boscia was a winner.  I have yet to try this one, but will probably give it a go soon.

Kiehl's Aromatic Blends Liquid Body Cleanser - This is a foaming gel in Orange Flower & Lychee.  The smell is very fresh and the sample size is very generous.  I'm adding this one to my box of travel sizes and will use it during my next trip.  

Naked Princess Naked Shine Luscious Lip Gloss - This thing is tiny!  I wish this sample was bigger because this lip gloss is really nice.  I got the color Barely Coco, which is a really pretty neutral.  The gloss has a nice flavor / scent, but I don't think any lip gloss is worth a full size at $26.  I'll stick with my NYX, Bath & Body Works, and Revlon.

Luna Fiber bar - I got the chocolate raspberry, but haven't yet tried it.  I don't recall if I've had Luna bars before, but I do occasionally get these types of bars for on the go.  Luna bars seem to always be going on sale at Target, so it'll be nice to give one a try!

One of my coworkers signed up for Birchbox a couple months ago and so far ours have been completely different.  I must admit I was a little jealous to find out she got a Beauty Blender since those run about $19 and are supposed to be great for applying foundation.  Maybe one of these months I'll be one of the lucky ladies to get one!

If you're interested in Birchbox, here's my referral link to get you started:  


I can't remember how many months I've been subscribed to Birchbox (it's around 6 or 8ish) and I've overall remained pleased with my boxes.  I enjoy the samples and some of the larger items and full size samples have definitely given me my money's worth.  Completing the online reviews and referring people has helped me rack up points, so I'm thinking I'm going to spend those on a bottle of Viva la Juicy La Fluer soon! 

What was in your October Birchbox?  
Were you impressed by the special Goop box or did you think it was just so so? 



1 comment:

  1. It's always so much fun to see what others got in their Birchbox!! My favorite item in mine was a lip gloss (different than yours).

    Aimee
    aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
    Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)